Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reception Site Visit: Omni San Diego

Oh HELLO!! Ok, if you know me well...then you'll know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Omni San Diego. Ever since it opened in the Spring of 2004 (in conjunction with Petco Park, the home of our SD Padres), I've always admired this hotel. The Omni has a very contemporary design that is so fitting in the heart of Downtown San Diego. I've had the honor of staying here and the hotel rooms are gorgeous! Well, the minute Jon and I got engaged, you KNOW I looked forward to giving them a call to schedule a visit. I really didn't bother to look through the wedding packages, but it is quite a stretch on the budget. Yowza. You definitely get what you pay for, though. We met with Julie and she was the best! I guess she could tell by the look on my face that I was really excited about this place. (I know, I need to work on the facial expressions...tone it down a bit, haha!) But she definitely did not discriminate against a bride on a budget...she put together a custom package that got me doing the happy dance!! If Jon and I were to choose a place that reflects our personality and style, it would be the Omni. It sounds like I already made my decision, huh?? Oh it's not that easy. If I won the lottery, we'd have it there. If I could work 3 jobs, we could have it there. If we really limit the guest list, we could make it work...I guess. Oh decisions, decisions. But in the meantime, enjoy the pictures we took that day:

Below: The Palm Terrace (the location we want for the Cocktail Hour)

Below: One half of the ballroom (10,000 square feet!!)

Below: Other half of the ballroom (we love this space!)

Below: the floor-to-ceiling windows in the Foyer

Below: the escalators leading down to the ballroom

Below: sectional couches in the cocktail area? NICE!

DiJon loves the Omni!

I could write all day about the Omni! Ugh. But I must not get emotionally attached! I brought my Mom and Dad here on the day of my birthday and they were impressed...they loved it too! (who wouldn't?) However, we have a few people we need to gather feedback from before making a final decision (*ahem*future-in-laws*) Jon and I want both families involved with the planning process... they won't control our decisions, but we want everyone to be considered.

{ Thank you, Julie Larsen | Senior Catering Sales Manager | Omni San Diego }

P.S. I finally figured out how to remove the date/time stamp on the digital pictures. (it was so annoying!)

No comments:

Post a Comment