Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jon's Engagement Present

Jon surprised me with a proposal on 5/15/10. I am in LOVE with my ring and it's exactly what I dreamed of (and so much more!). Jon gets all the credit for this, because he created a beautiful custom ring at David & Sons. It's one-of-a-kind!!

FYI: Jon is a DJ. He's been 'spinning' since high school, so he has a good collection of vinyl. However, as most of you know, most DJ's no longer spin with vinyl...they now have a wonderful software called Serato: all of your songs are digital and a hard drive is all you need to access all of your music. Jon and I dated for 4 years before we got engaged. At certain times, I got a bit anxious...haha! (who wouldn't?) So I always joked around with him that if he really wanted Serato, I would buy it for him as an engagement present. Serato is not cheap! This is why I never considered buying it at all for a Christmas present or for his Birthday. But... one crazy day, I pinky-swore to him that IF and WHEN he proposed to me...I would buy it for him, as an engagement present. I figure the price tag for Serato is merely a fraction of what he's gonna spend for an engagement ring. (unless his jokes about it being a Cubic Zirconia are true! hahaha!)

So on 5/17/10, Jon and I made a trip to The Guitar Center in San Marcos and I kept my promise. He would have wanted to go right after he proposed...but I told him he was crazy!

Here he is... jammin' with our buddy Kris/DJ Beltron on the new Serato SL3. I guess it's a win-win situation... I get to request any song I want from the DJ!

Below: My fiance, Jon...

Below: Our good buddy, Kris...

Below: They could spin forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment