Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Inspiration: Luxe Hotel Sunset Blvd

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to stay at the Luxe Hotel on Sunset Blvd. Not only was it super cool to stay in an ultra chic hotel in Bel Air, but I also loved the decor. Total "light bulb turning on over my head" moment! I really loved the clean, simple and natural look of the lobby. It reinforced my love for phalaenopsis orchids. And I knew I wanted to incorporate some type of 'wood' in the decor. Something lighter than what is pictured below. Jon and I decided on rattan. As some of you may know, Jon has a 4th grade black belt in Eskrima, the martial art of the Philippines (a.k.a. 'Arnis' or 'Kali'). He has been training in this art for 10 years already and is an assistant instructor (ok, i'm totally bragging about him right now. But I'm so proud of him, can you blame me?) Alright, Alright. Eskrima is a weapon-based martial art that uses fighting sticks, made out of rattan wood. And TA-DA!!: there is the significant connection of using rattan wood for decor at our wedding. How are we going to incorporate it? I have no idea yet - the pots/vases, frames, table setting elements... the possibilities are endless! But at least now, I have an eye out for these decor ideas.

Take a look at this lobby! So pretty!








Thank you Luxe Hotel Sunset Blvd | Thank you to my dear friend, Monica (you know why!)

No comments:

Post a Comment